Gibson Brands Forums

Spotted in Best Buy store: Epi. Goldtop LP 100 $249 US

BlueEpiphone

I deleted the original body of this post (from last week) because it was too long-winded. Besides the price of the Goldtop LP 100 I spotted in a Los Angeles store is no longer $249 US. Its now $299. LP 100's have bolt-on necks and no binding. I guess these models rank between the Special II and Studio. I've enclosed pics (including a Gibson-brand Maestro in blueburst and a nicely figured Epiphone SG).GoldtopLP100.jpgMaestroJr.jpgSG.jpg

Now back to modding/rewiring my gits.........I split the coils of my "V-8" Jr.'s pup (and unfortunately killed a Seymour/Duncan pup during the learning process) I added a coil shunt switch and a push/pull DPDT equipped tone pot for series/parallel switching. The Jr.'s tiny control cavity is getting crowded....DSC01294.jpg

I deleted the original body of this post (from last week) because it was too long-winded. Besides the price of the Goldtop LP 100 I spotted in a Los Angeles store is no longer $249 US. Its now $299. LP 100's have bolt-on necks and no binding. I guess these models rank between the Special II and Studio. I've enclosed pics (including a Gibson-brand Maestro in blueburst and a nicely figured Epiphone SG).GoldtopLP100.jpgMaestroJr.jpg

Now back to modding/rewiring my gits.........I split the coils of my "V-8" Jr.'s pup (and unfortunately killed a Seymour/Duncan pup during the learning process) I added a coil shunt switch and a push/pull DPDT equipped tone pot for series/parallel switching. The Jr.'s tiny control cavity is getting crowded....DSC01294.jpg

Archived