Gibson Brands Forums

HNOGD! Terada?

Dodgermod

probably the wrong place to post this but I acquired a new old guitar this week (my bro-in-law found it at a dump!)

It is a copy of a Gibson J200 or Epiphone EJ200 - same shape and headstock as a Gibson (with Terada where Gibson should be) but different bridge. it had a missing machine head that I replaced and I restrung it last night. The action is terrible but for playing open chords the sound is pretty good - big and boomy with loads of sustain. The serial looks to be FW 645 from what I can make out - anyone own or know anything about one of these? Came here cos you folks are the font of all knowledge!! Thanks

it looks almost exactly like this:

Dodger

probably the wrong place to post this but I acquired a new old guitar this week (my bro-in-law found it at a dump!)

It is a copy of a Gibson J200 or Epiphone EJ200 - same shape and headstock as a Gibson (with Terada where Gibson should be) but different bridge. it had a missing machine head that I replaced and I restrung it last night. The action is terrible but for playing open chords the sound is pretty good - big and boomy with loads of sustain. The serial looks to be FW 645 from what I can make out - anyone own or know anything about one of these? Came here cos you folks are the font of all knowledge!! Thanks

it looks almost exactly like this:

Dodger

Terada is/was the builder of Epiphone Elitist acoustic, semi-hollow, and hollow body archtop guitars (and the Orville and Orville by Gibson brands that precdeded them). They also build for Gretsch today, and have built for Burny and Ibanez (the much-loved George Benson model) in the past, as well as others. Their products are very highly esteemed.

Congrats on your new guitar!

Red 333

Terada is/was the builder of Epiphone Elitist acoustic, semi-hollow, and hollow body archtop guitars (and the Orville and Orville by Gibson brands that precdeded them). They also build for Gretsch today, and have built for Burny and Ibanez (the much-loved George Benson model) in the past, as well as others. Their products are very highly esteemed.

Congrats on your new guitar!

Red 333

Thanks Red

I knew if anyone knew anything it wouild most probably be you!

much appreciated

Dodger

Archived