Gibson Brands Forums

Official Album Review Thread

Silenced Fred

You bought em, spent your hard earned money, and others might be considering purchasing them too. Help a brother out! Did you like it? Hate it? recommend it?

I recently got the new Rise Against album- Endgame- and I wasn't that impressed with it. It doesn't have any of the standout tracks that are usually associated with the band. Best track would probably be Satellite.

Also bought the new Strokes album - Angles - and I enjoyed this one more than Endgame. If you are looking for classic Strokes, you can find it on a few tracks, but a lot of it has changed. Some of the tracks are very 80s synth pop-ish. If you have an open mind, you might enjoy it

Anyone else?

Cool stuff.I have been really digging Steve Lukather's new CD "All's Well That Ends Well".The production is superb,the songwriting sounds inspired and the musicianship is top notch.Luke mainly used Bogner amps [with relatively few effects] on the album and his tones are all very good to flat out great.I feel that Steve's solos are as fresh and full of emotion as any since his Toto heyday.

Ed

Archived