Gibson Brands Forums

What do you think about ZT3 pickups?

tosom

I was really disappointed with the humbuckers. I think they are not good for any playing stile.

They are not worth the guitar price.

For me, a prog metal based player I'll buy some diMarzio pickups. I'm really annoyed.

What you feel about those custom gibson pickups?

Im in the oposite side.

My impresions are very good, I do like the tone in normal setting, the paralel sounds too. I get nice twang in the midde position in paralel pickups. mode.

I like to play jazz with neck position.

When you talks about twang (I'm not used with this terminology) I supose you talk about the accent with the bridge pickup (overall), It has a sharp attack. I thought that it would be good for rythmic music and with an autoWah it becomes crazier, I apologize for saying that it wouldn't fit any style, it's more like the sound doesn't fit the playing I like. With more fat sound.

But it is really wierd for me, it is like a really thin and bright sound.

For playing another brick in the wall of Pink Floyd it's perfect that really true.

Thanks for share your opinion, I hope more people say what they think!

When you talks about twang (I'm not used with this terminology) I supose you talk about the accent with the bridge pickup (overall), It has a sharp attack. I thought that it would be good for rythmic music and with an autoWah it becomes crazier, I apologize for saying that it wouldn't fit any style, it's more like the sound doesn't fit the playing I like. With more fat sound.

But it is really wierd for me, it is like a really thin and bright sound.

For playing another brick in the wall of Pink Floyd it's perfect that really true.

Thanks for share your opinion, I hope more people say what they think!

Twang is the nasal/nose tipe of sound tipical of telecasters. I get it in middle position with paralel wiring active in both pickups.

Thin and bright ? Its like talking of diferent pickups.

I supose your wiring is correct.

Archived