Gibson Brands Forums

Built My First Talk Box!

sdjjadk

The key to the talkbox is KISS, Keep it simple stupid. The hardest thing for me is to get the hose part right; I use Velcro straps in 4 different locations on my stand to position the hose. As for the wording or using the effect the way I do it (I am not a expert here but what works for me) is to play very few notes on the guitar itself and do majority of the vocalization with your mouth. I learned by trial and error; and what works for me is less on the fret board.

It works for me although I have not had anyone actually show me how to do a talkbox.

Good Luck

Thanks for the tips. :)

I will say this, using the talk box makes playing guitar a lot more fun!!

Shawn

The key to the talkbox is KISS, Keep it simple stupid. The hardest thing for me is to get the hose part right; I use Velcro straps in 4 different locations on my stand to position the hose. As for the wording or using the effect the way I do it (I am not a expert here but what works for me) is to play very few notes on the guitar itself and do majority of the vocalization with your mouth. I learned by trial and error; and what works for me is less on the fret board.

It works for me although I have not had anyone actually show me how to do a talkbox.

Good Luck

I disagree.... I think the key to using the Talk Box is knowing how to play lead....something I suck at..... gettin' the tube in my mouth ain't the problem..... probably a skill honed in my misspent youth with a hookah!

Archived