Gibson Brands Forums

My First Gibson

Yves A

Hmmm, definitely take it somewhere and have them check it out. -Especially since it's pretty much brand new. I bet it's something simple, but I'd leave it up to a luthier to take a look, just to be safe.

Both SG's I tried at the store we're the same way.

edit: I managed to remove one of the knobs and it's the pot that is extremely hard to turn.

It is getting a little easier to turn them as time goes on though. Doesn't help the knobs have no grip either.

I tried removing them to see if I could give them some slack but they won't budge. I'll try with a string underneath them as to not damage the guitar. This guitar have a metal thing underneath the knobs that stick out to indicate where you are, they are above that so they aren't rubbing. Maybe removing them will loosen them up. It's hard using 2 fingers to turn them. The main volume has gotten easier a bit.

Nice rig, yeah I'm really liking the sound so far!

Here's what I recorded yesterday night, it's one SM57 in my mixer, I copied the track over and added a small delay to try to make it like 2 guitars. The crappy lead thing is the neck pickup but I turned on my Ibanez DE7 delay/Echo pedal.

The fizz isn't there in real life :P

http://evillair.net/temp/Gibson/GibsonTest.mp3

57 classic? 5150? I have a new speaker thats needs major breakin, I know it sounds thin compared when I mic a 412 cab:)

Yeah, in that case, it must just be the pots. I put some speed knobs on my SG, and that seemed to help. Plus I think they look cooler (just my opinion though).

I like the speed knobs too :) I have one lying around and I tried it, didn't make much difference though. I may just need to break them in.

57 classic? 5150? I have a new speaker thats needs major breakin, I know it sounds thin compared when I mic a 412 cab:)

Yup, 57 classic and a 5150 with Marshall cab.

gorgeous axe! congrats!

Thanks!

Archived