Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Dot Project *Pics*

blues_breaker

I am not familiar with that phrase. I am a novice..lol.. This is a floating bridge, not pinned down to the guitar. Do you mean the actual spacing between the rollers? Please feel free to enlighten me. THanks..

Oh, of course the infamous Gretsch floating bridge, what was I thinking, I just done a google search on "gretsch floating bridge" and it seems many dislike them because of the tuning instabilities, I just don't understand why they use them on Bigsby equipped guitars, the most common fix seems to be to pin or screw the bridge to the body, doing a similar search should give you some ideas on how to tame a floating bridge.

Oh, of course the infamous Gretsch floating bridge, what was I thinking, I just done a google search on "gretsch floating bridge" and it seems many dislike them because of the tuning instabilities, I just don't understand why they use them on Bigsby equipped guitars, the most common fix seems to be to pin or screw the bridge to the body, doing a similar search should give you some ideas on how to tame a floating bridge.

I figgered you were thinkin of a pinned bridge. I have been to the Gretsch forum, and they gave me some ideas, but many like them fine floating. My friend actually had this one taped in place. But even tho it doesn't move, it seems to effect the tuning somewhat. It probably leans forward a bit or something when you put pressure on it. THe tape is still in place and it hasn't let the bridge move. No way am I interested in putting a tremelo on my Dot anyway. I hate to mess with the "Gift Gretsch" too much. It has a lot of sentimental value like it is. it is very payable. Nice guitar. DOuble sided tape is what some suggest, or pins like you say. I doubt I do that.

Archived