Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson USA Les Paul Model Spec List

EvanPC

Just posted this on MLP as well. For those on both forums, please don't hold the redundancy against me!

Ok...so a recent thread and my own general confusion about the variations in standard production LP models prompted me to attempt organizing the information that was available into an easy to reference guide.

In my own maniacal way, I suddenly became motivated at midnight last night to attempt to put this information together. I sat down and began perusing through Gibson.com, and identifying the models I wanted to feature on this form. Initially, I decided I was only going to do standard production models; no signatures and no exclusives. However, after realizing the popularity of a couple of exclusive models, I decided to include them. These were namely the LP Traditional 1960 and the LP Traditional Pro.

All info was quoted verbatim from the Gibson website. I attempted to include what I thought was most relevant and leave out mundane details that I have not noticed many people inquiring about around here.

This could have been done in much greater detail, and perhaps more thought put into it, but I'm considering it a work in progress, so it will evolve. See a jpeg image of the file below:

LP%20Spec%20List.jpg

Being that the above is only a jpeg image of the file, the print is very small and likely impossible to read. But I wanted to post it to give you an idea of its format. Also, I wanted to post it so that those who do not feel like downloading the pdf I created can still get an idea of it.

Speaking of the pdf file format; the link below will take you to Dropbox, which is a file sharing/networking website which will allow you to view and/or download the pdf yourself. Again, it may appear small, but if downloaded and viewed with Adobe, it should be legible. This file has also been formatted to print on a single, standard letter sized page. All you should need to do is open the pdf after downloading, and print.

Dropbox link - http://db.tt/Fxh4Lgc

I'm by no means an expert on LPs or any other type of guitar! This is mostly for me, but I figured why not share it since I know I'm not the only one slightly confused by models/variations. If anything is incorrect, or if you feel there is information that has not been included but should be, please let me know and I will try and make revisions as time permits.

For those familiar enough with Excel, and in particular, pivot tables, I considered converting the data in to such a file type. What this would allow you to do, is, filter on certain spec types to only view guitars with BB Pro pups, as an example. I also considered including available finishes on the models, especially if I did go through the trouble of creating a pivot table, since this would be an easy way for someone who was looking for a guitar in a particular finish to immediately find which models are available.

Anyway, I hope this file will help some folks if they need a one stop shop for this kind of info. Even the Gibson site itself is not very efficient at delivering this info. Spec page to spec page differs on many models, in terms of formatting and appearance, and many models (mainly signature and exclusive models) do not contain specs at all.

Like I said, I will try and maintain the file with corrections/revisions if necessary, and repost updated links to the revised copy.

E

Archived