Gibson Brands Forums

Another Classic Ebay Fake

jheath

they're not even good fakes (if there is such a thing). I've bought most of guitars on Ebay and never had an issue. Granted you have to know what you're looking for in regard to fakes, etc and you absolutely have to do your homework on the seller for big ticket items. The old adage "if it sounds to be good to be true, it is" certainly applies. If someone is selling a $2000 guitar for $500, chances are there's an issue.

I Hate When people Try To RIP others with crap like that. I Think GIBSON Should SUE E BAY for trying to sell crap under a quality name. I Know What is Like To Want A Gibson. I Bought A Guitar 4 Yrs Ago When I first Statred. I DID NOT KNOW WHAT A GIBSON LOOKED LIKE> I JUST KNEW THE NAME I GOT Ripped OFF. People Should Be Beaten For THis Evil Thing

I Hate When people Try To RIP others with crap like that. I Think GIBSON Should SUE E BAY for trying to sell crap under a quality name. I

I don't like people getting ripped either, but eBay is not the culprit.

EBay is a broker for people who want to make transactions, and on-line transactions are subject to fraud and just simple ignorance and mistakes. It would be useful if eBay were more responsive to complaints, but there are practical limitations to that. It is best to be aware and skeptical with eBay deals. Having said that, I have probably 150 transactions with only one or two disappointments.

Archived