Gibson Brands Forums

Good people.

DAS44

When you find a good one, stick with it, when you don't move your sorry arse outta there. In no way did I mean to say that all mom 'n pop shops were great. This place, nice people, fantastic luthier (sent my strat for a setup, came back playing incredibly well, blew me away). The ol' pepper grey haired guy has given me a lot of suggestions on albums that've led me to some great bands [thumbup]. It is as much about talking to your customer (as opposed to at him/her) as providing a service. I've worked at a deli, and the owner could never stress too heavily how important it is to engage the customer, didn't win best deli in the area for nothing!

You're selling a product, but you gotta sell yourself as the right type of person too!

That's a great point! I'm still searching and waiting for that perfect music store. We used to have one right here in my small town, he could get you competitive prices on anything, plus he had very hard to find Tapes and CD's, great selection of classic Gibbys and fenders, plus he could get you anything you wanted new.

Sadly, a combination of unfair business practices by Fender and Gibson distributors and a nasty Divorce took him out of the game by the mid 90's. :angry:

Archived