Gibson Brands Forums

This song seems so relevant to me

nikko18

Civil War.

And GnR was an outstanding band before the split....

Civil War is my FAVE GnR song

Civil War

Welcome to the Jungle

Paradise City

November Rain

Mr. Brownstone

I wasnt too high on the lyrics of the new album but I must admit they did a REAL damn good job of it.

I agree completely, dude!

And this was back when Izzy was an active participant. His contributions on AFD are so under recognized. Those two are one of my all time favorite guitar duos. Up there with Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore as far as really complementing each other.

And this was back when Izzy was an active participant. His contributions on AFD are so under recognized. Those two are one of my all time favorite guitar duos. Up there with Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore as far as really complementing each other.

Izzy is just a completely underrated guitarist in general. If I remember correctly didn't he pretty much right all the music for Appetite and Use Your Illusions (minus a few songs here and there), and the rest of the band just wrote their parts around what he did. Every single F'ing GnR song has fantastic guitar! Him and Slash make such a great duo, and I love Duff's bass playing/tone. Their albums were also all mixed so well! Seriously, they sound freaking flawless in the studio, and could actually recreate it live as long as they weren't to drunk. And you know, for all the crazyness that Asshole Rose put the band through, he is a FCKING AMAZING lyricists. **** like Civil War that's still relevant today!? Or how about the chorus to Mr. Brownstone? "I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it so the little got more, and more. Just trying to get a little better, said a little better than before." He may be a crazy ****, but damn Axl could write some good sh!t!! I really like his voice too, I know a lot of people don't, but I think it's cool, and he actually (like I said above) could for the most part do it all live!

D@mn!!! Original Guns rocks so hard!!!!!!!!

post-3530-033812300 1304143142_thumb.jpg

It's funny you mention the mixing. From what I have read, AFD was the last major label released rock record to be mixed and mastered for vinyl. This reminds me that I need to hunt down a copy on 180 gram vinyl.

Archived