Gibson Brands Forums

what a weekend

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest FarnsBarns

Yesterday morning we set of from Lingered in Surrey heading to Louth in Lincolnshire. Having checked into a hotel and settled we headed of to the jazz club that my fathers friend owns and my dad played a gig as a special guest. The place was packed due to the announcement that my dad was playing. The gig was incredible.

The next today we awoke early and headed to Cadwell Park racing circuit where my brothers customer was racing in a double header. In race one there was a crash on the grid and my brothers customer ended up on top another car. No one was hurt but we spent 5 hours frantically removing 5 cores from the radiator and sealing the holes with solder, bending the suspension drop links back un to shape and checking the super charger for damage. We got him back to the collection area with 3 minutes to spare and he started the second race. He did well, but retired before the end as instructed because the temperature started climbing. Looked like he could have finished but a race entry fee is better lost than a supercharged race engine.

Just got home and I'm knackered!

Archived