Gibson Brands Forums

I Was There

Paging Page

YAY... footage has been uploaded in better quality than my cell phone recorded :)

April 22, 2011 Greek Theatre, Berkeley, CA

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - this is a clip of "Houses of the Holy"

...enjoy

have fun drooling over their gear [thumbup]

Hmmmm......Without Jimmy, it sounds like " Live at the GEEK "............:unsure: [sneaky][lol] [lol] [lol] .........

I asked Page about the reunion tour, all the house Plants were silient.......hmmmmm.................#-o:-k ..

Wish I was there though.....................

LOL ----------- it sounds Nashville is all [biggrin]

Listen t'what they did to Black Dog:

I loved it but the funkadelic style may not hit everyone right:

This vid quality is not so great but you can hear it OK--

(This is about how our vid of Tangerine turned out..... LOL - there was better footage of Tangerine uploaded so I didn't bother posting ours) We were about this far away trying to take photos by cell phone.

Someday nice cameras will live in our house........

and nice guitars.......

and I'll know how to use both :)

L

jason jimmy and john paul are missing

Got to see Jason and his Led Zeppelin experience at the Warfield in December :)

ROCKIN show and they played three hours straight with a 15-min intermission break. And it was still too short. I coulda stayed for six. haha Meanwhile they had to replace Jonesy with 2 players. (He gets so underrated -- yeeeeesh the talent...)

John Paul, Dave Groehl, and Josh Homme are Them Crooked Vultures right now.... pretty tight band too :)

I'm not a huge "LZ MUST REUNITE" kinda chick.

I respect how they felt after Bonzo's death.

I respect that "it's just not the same" for the original 3 remaining.

Shrug.

:)

That said Groehl slays the kit with more of Bonzo's STAGE energy than son Jason does..... (don't kill me!!! look it up on YouTube) ... what's kinda funny watching Jason is he's still attacking the kit with pretty much the same mannerisms he had when he was 5 on The Song Remains the Same -- LOL

So I'd sorta like to see Jimmy join up with the Vultures & see what happens... maybe he'll kick that album out after all... [lol]

OK I'll fetch the YouTube links to compare drummers... give me a sec...

compare to Bonzo:

Dave freakin' looks like Bonzo back from the dead on that stool.

[biggrin] that's all I'm sayin :rolleyes:

(can't find the footage of Jason as a kid sorry..... catch Song Remains the Same on Netflix I guess LOL)

Just for fun, I was here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMphRTbuI-Y

LOL

This guy musta been sitting next door to us - this is about what our last-minute seats were up on the balcony.... haha

This is better footage - different show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hje206To9n4&feature=related

James Dylan is the singer. He also looks nothing like Plant - ROFL -- but man he's got the pipes.

Camera here is mainly on the bassist - believe he's from Whitesnake but someone can argue w/me on that as his name slips me at the moment... but - (and duh, camera guy/gal - you're supposed to film the guitarist during the solo.... oh well) but Tony Catania playing lead for JB'sLZE completely channels the way Page looks on stage.

it's a great show -- go if you can -- :)

Archived