Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Nick Valensi Riviera AN

Mvpzz

Please someone can help me ... I have read very nice things about this guitar. I had understood that this model is only manufactured in Korea. But I emailed to thomann and they tell me that is made in china. Can it be a mistake? the factory has changed? Someone have a MIC Epiphone Nick Valensi Riviera AN ???

Thanks ... and sorry for my poor english ;D

The Guitar: http://www.thomann.de/es/epiphone_nick_valensi_riviera_an.htm

I've never seen a MiC one - only MiKs...........

So my guess is the thoman-guys are wrong.

OK hopefully the guy is wrong

I hope not to be the owner of the first MiC Riviera P-94 on the market xD

The 2010 Valensi Riviera I purchased was made by the Unsung factory in Korea. Very good build quality, and the Gibson P94 pickups have a beautiful sound. This model has an interesting combination of features: semi-hollow body, frequensator tailpiece, and the P94s. One possible negative: the neck is quite narrow and may not appeal to some players.

I wonder how we know where a 2010 model is made as they're not supposed to have factory codes after some time in early 2009.

I had a 2009 Valensi Riviera and I'm pretty sure it was Chinese made, can't remember exactly why I thought that right this minute.

I thought they all were Chinese after the Riviera model stopped being one of the Elite models, no?

I wonder how we know where a 2010 model is made as they're not supposed to have factory codes after some time in early 2009.

I had a 2009 Valensi Riviera and I'm pretty sure it was Chinese made, can't remember exactly why I thought that right this minute.

I thought they all were Chinese after the Riviera model stopped being one of the Elite models, no?

My 2010 Valensi had the "Made in Korea" sticker on it. The ID thread at the top of the board will give you the all the known codes, including the one that applies in this case (#21 in the serial number).

Archived