Gibson Brands Forums

System of a Down 2011

ne14t?

I went to the System of a Down concert last night, I must say it was beyond badass, especially since they haven't done anything in a few years. The show was mint, I have been convinced that they might be recording it for a live album. Aside from stage monitors they only had 3 4x12 cabs and what appeared to be two 2x12 maybe 2x15 bass cabs. Everything was then mic'd up and run through a huge loud PA system that System brought with them and then of course tapped into the Arena's 100,000 watt system. This is the first time I have ever seen anyone do a show in the arena here, mostly its usually a few stacks of amps run into a mixer and tapped into the arena's sound system. It sounded unbelievable aside from Roger Waters its the best sound I have had at a concert so far (another reason I think they were recording it) the music sounded like it would right off there album, Serj's vocals were flawless I swear the live version of Sugar rocked harder then the album version! If this show is coming through your town and you are a fan of the music I would highly suggest going. I recorded Aerials (my fave SOAD song) when they played it I will try and post a link to it later tonight when I can upload it.

General Admission Floor will probably be a mosh pit, they dont allow it here though, if the mosh pits start getting out of hand, and by that I mean pretty much the crowd is moving side to side too much or too fast they will literally throw people out of the show. I usually go for a seat in one of the rows, I am not much for the getting my arse kicked at a show anymore.

Archived