Gibson Brands Forums

New Direction with Lessons

G McBride

Well last week it was finger picking Paul Simon and this week it is back to Rock and Roll with Flirtin With Disaster by Molly Hatchet.

I do a lot better playing this older rock. This is a really fun song to play with a lot of action in it for a guitarist.

I keep taking lessons, and I keep learning and getting better than I was before I started. Been playing guitar for since I was a kid but never had any lessons. Now I am starting to put things together musically and I am having a lot of fun.

Regardless how, learning is in theory a lifelong experience. We learn regardless. The difference is when we have a passion to reach out to learn more as opposed to passively gaining little.

m

Hey McBride, I had a very similar experience. I've been playing since I was 16. Never seriously. Just hunt and peck. 3 Years ago I decided to get serious and take some lessons. Found a great guitar teacher, learned a LOT! Now I have discovered a PASSION for the guitar I never knew could be possible.

I play daily (on the weekends almost all night long!) and I was asked to join my brother's band last Christmas. They've been around and a big hit around these parts.

Rock ON!

Archived