Gibson Brands Forums

Scales scales scales scales...

daveinspain

Started out at 80 bpm's.... up to 140 now [woot] Was real boring at first but once you get up into the higher bpm's it a real challenge and sort of fun. Frontwards, backwards, sideways, double pick, triple pick, cuadruple pick...

I'm starting to develope a tic... [scared]

That's awesome Dave. I know it takes a lot of dedication, determination and patience to stay on a practice regimen. I spent about 6 months when I was in my early 20's doing this and really had my chops up but unfortunately let it slide through the years.

Couple things you could do is find some 1/4 1/8 1/16 note midi drum beat tracks to play over as a metronome. Another good thing to practice if your metronome has the capability is to be able to start at a certain BPM and automatically progressively increase BPM over a determined time. This helps to keep you from falling into the either have to play it slow or at full throttle rut...

Good luck and Good Practicing to you...

Andy

That's awesome Dave. I know it takes a lot of dedication, determination and patience to stay on a practice regimen. I spent about 6 months when I was in my early 20's doing this and really had my chops up but unfortunately let it slide through the years.

Couple things you could do is find some 1/4 1/8 1/16 note midi drum beat tracks to play over as a metronome. Another good thing to practice if your metronome has the capability is to be able to start at a certain BPM and automatically progressively increase BPM over a determined time. This helps to keep you from falling into the either have to play it slow or at full throttle rut...

Good luck and Good Practicing to you...

Andy

Yeah the drum tracks is a great idea but I didn't want the distraction until I was a bit better at it. The metronome I'm using goes up in increments of 20 bpm's... I go up to the next level when I feel comfortable.... I have a FX pedal with built in drum loops that I can speed up and slow down. I'll get on that tomorrow.... [thumbup]

Archived