Gibson Brands Forums

I have a new idea for a flanger!

kaleb

I have a flanger in my mind, based on the late 70s A/DA Flanger but without the harmonics switch and threshold control, leaving just four knobs ( manual, range, speed, and enhance ). BUT, the idea is a switch to remove the delay ( chorusing ) out of the circuit, making the sweep more phaser-like. I have an Ibanez Airplane Flanger, which is a KILLER pedal and in my opinion the best flanger on the market today. With the manual control on the Airplane up higher you can sort of dial out that chorusy modulation. Thats what I use flange for anyways. I like a lotta sweep and less chorus in the tone, while PG himself sets his so its more of a shallow chorus as opposed to my shallow " phase".

I could be wrong but if you removed the delay wouldn't you also remove any phase effect and everything? I'm pretty sure it's all based off the delay chip.

Now that I think about it I do not know! I wouldn't think so, seeing as how the pedal and other flangers have a manual control which is like a delay time on a chorus but it is a delay time roll off as opposed to getting more delay time and out-of-tuneness as you turn the knob up, like on a chorus.

Archived