Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone changed the robot's pickups?

Thundergod

I want to change mine.

I'd like to go with a chrome p94 style pickup but I can't find any. I was thinking about black (no cover) pickups too and maybe coil split for the neck pup via a push/pull pot. Another option is whites.

What do you guys think? The finish's red metallic. I'll try to find that les Paul designer web and try as many different styles as possible then try to find pickup models that fit that style while sounding the way I need them too (stock pickups are too hot).

Anyway, has anyone changed them and to what? Have pics?

I want to change mine.

I'd like to go with a chrome p94 style pickup but I can't find any. I was thinking about black (no cover) pickups too and maybe coil split for the neck pup via a push/pull pot. Another option is whites.

What do you guys think? The finish's red metallic. I'll try to find that les Paul designer web and try as many different styles as possible then try to find pickup models that fit that style while sounding the way I need them too (stock pickups are too hot).

Anyway, has anyone changed them and to what? Have pics?

I use mostly vintagevibeguitars for my rewinds or custom applications.... Pete does great work, and he is fast and reliable.

Within the link if you go seven pup down you will see his chrome p-94 pups.... Pete will set them up any way you want them, and he is great at nailing the tone you're looking for.

vintage vibe guitars

Archived