Gibson Brands Forums

"Family" Photo

Mixhouse

Here's a pic of my guitars,from left to right:

LXM "Little Martin" Purchased last year. A friend has one, I liked it, so I got one for myself. Made in Mexico; stays in tune, easy to pack around, a nice little axe.

This is a mid-'70's Westminster "Lawsuit" Les Paul. A friend bought it new; after playing a lot of Gibsons, tried this out and liked it better, and still had to pay almost as much as the "real thing".He sold it to me in the mid eighties. Believe it has "Japan" cast into the underside of the bridge. I've removed the pick guard, and changed the knobs from the original black to cream, just 'cuz I like the look. Is VERY heavy, plays beautifully, and does not have the bolt-on neck, for whatever that's worth.

My '62 Guild: What can I say;it's the most wonderful instrument I'll ever own. Everyone who's ever played it wants me to sell it to them!

Cort "J Triggs" model: My wife got it for me so I wouldn't have to take the Guild out in crappy weather. It's actually not a bad guitar, and people seem to like the color........

My "new" 1996 Epi Sheraton. Bought last month. The more I play it, the more I like it. I'm convinced that it's every bit the guitar my 335 was, and that's saying a lot. Has great tone, wonderful sustain, and is "easy on the eyes". I'm very happy with it.

This is the old work horse, my Guild D25. Not sure of the year, as the label is missing from the inside. Fantastic, full sound, would put this up against any Martin I've played. Used to go to a folk circle-type thing, with lots of Martins and the occasional Gibson, and this beat up, old girl had far and away the best tone, time after time. I've had it for years now, and it still blows me away as to how good it sounds. Hard to believe the" 25's" were on the low-end of the Guild catalog.

Sorry, no picture on this one................

I think I've got enough guitars for now.....

Archived