Gibson Brands Forums

CORTEO

daveinspain

Going to see "Corteo" the Cirque Du Soleil show that is touring Spain now... Can't wait!! If anyone has ever been to see a Cirque Du Soliel show you know what I'm talking about. If you have never seen it don't miss the next one that comes near you. It's a circus without animals. It's all live music performed on stage behind the circus performers. the best way to describe it would be a circus ballet with acrobatics.... Here is a little explanation about the show I will see tonight;

Corteo, which means "cortege" in Italian, is a joyous procession, a festive parade imagined by a clown. The show brings together the passion of the actor with the grace and power of the acrobat to plunge the audience into a theatrical world of fun, comedy and spontaneity situated in a mysterious space between heaven and earth.

The clown pictures his own funeral taking place in a carnival atmosphere, watched over by quietly caring angels. Juxtaposing the large with the small, the ridiculous with the tragic and the magic of perfection with the charm of imperfection, the show highlights the strength and fragility of the clown, as well as his wisdom and kindness, to illustrate the portion of humanity that is within each of us. The music, by turns lyrical and playful, carries Corteo through a timeless celebration in which illusion teases reality.

If you want more info about Cirque Du Soleil check out their web here. I, of course, have nothing to do with Cirque Du Soleil, just a big fan... [thumbup]

Here in Americur, they don't tour. Lots of knock offs do, but there is only ONE true Cirque. We'be been to La Nouba down at Disney World quite a few times, and we've been to O and Mysterre in Vegas. Loves us some Cirque.

rct

Here in Americur, they don't tour. Lots of knock offs do, but there is only ONE true Cirque. We'be been to La Nouba down at Disney World quite a few times, and we've been to O and Mysterre in Vegas. Loves us some Cirque.

rct

You are mistaken... I have seen many of the touring Cirque Du Soleil shows in the good old US of A.... They set up their tents and go from city to city in the states just as they do here... There are several shows that don't tour though like the ones you have mentioned...

You are mistaken... I have seen many of the touring Cirque Du Soleil shows in the good old US of A.... They set up their tents and go from city to city in the states just as they do here... There are several shows that don't tour though like the ones you have mentioned...

Huh. Dang. Never even looked til reading this here! Nearest one to here is in DC, Atlantic City only gets Fake Du Solay. No wonder I never gave the touring shows a thought, we don't get them 'roun these parts.

Is ok, Vegas is worth the drive to see some Cirque. I think in '12 we are stopping in LV for a few days, will be a Cirque a night I'm sure.

rct

Archived