Gibson Brands Forums

Cabaret Tax in Connecticut

jnastynebr

Rob...

My guess is that at some point the feds will convince Americans that all taxes would more efficiently be collected at the federal level with a standard sort of federal taxation. Then the fun begins. I figure I'll be dead by then, but I think some on this board are quite likely to see moves toward that increase in their lifetimes.

m

I suspect we'll both be room temperature.

Rob...

Yeah, but don't be surprised if we both see a national collection of state sales taxes for e-commerce purposes. I'd say that'll come within 10 years by the time they get the bureaucracy in place and states convinced it's in their economic interest.

m

Rob...

Yeah, but don't be surprised if we both see a national collection of state sales taxes for e-commerce purposes. I'd say that'll come within 10 years by the time they get the bureaucracy in place and states convinced it's in their economic interest.

m

Milo, I agree. Hopefully I'll be in a position by that time where I won't be buying much....(maybe some oat meal and Depends).

Well, you're younger than I am, but I hope in 10 years to be pickin' occasionally in saloons and such and having no need for Depends. Never cared much for oatmeal, either.

... I always kinda liked the perspective of the John Wayne character in the movie "The Shootist." The specific mode isn't very practical or all that possible nowadays, but the concept is something I can identify with.

m

Well, you're younger than I am, but I hope in 10 years to be pickin' occasionally in saloons and such and having no need for Depends. Never cared much for oatmeal, either.

... I always kinda liked the perspective of the John Wayne character in the movie "The Shootist." The specific mode isn't very practical or all that possible nowadays, but the concept is something I can identify with.

m

You mean Depends aren't a fashion statement? dang.......

Archived