Gibson Brands Forums

I'm a Finalist!!

Paging Page

And I plussed you all up today until I reached my quota :) to say THANK YOU for your moral support!

You guys are all terrific.

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

And the one thing I'm not doing is this..... eusa_boohoo.gif or this eusa_think.gif

It's all good. They have contests all the time there, but this one (unknown to me at entry time) is the Big ONE of the Year.

Sooooooo........ 500 views+...... like I said, is still my biggest audience to date outside church.

(Church = about 1200 on a solo w/choral performance is the largest, but typically it's 250-300.)

Plus it got me inspired to just record more out there and worry less - so I laid down about 6 new songs yesterday cuz' I felt like SINGING!

AND went out and hit up a live karaoke nite last night at our fave Pizza joint.

Fun! It was a good crowd there last night too, pretty supportive with mostly good singers!! :)

Linda

Shame you didn't get in the top three but at that level everyone's going to be good.

(I also thought it was time someone plussed YOU for plussing all of US! LOL!)

Great to read you haven't the remotest tendency towards an 'Oh! Woe is me!' attitude too.

Better luck next time, eh?!

P.

congrats again and great attitude - If your gonna play music or sing one of the biggest lessons is the thick skin there way to many variables in music to plan everything in a contest or try-out of any kind so be prepared, do your best,have fun doing it and learn everything you can from everyone you compete against because it can only make you better. Sounds like you excel in all those area's so all that's left is a lot of hard work and a bit of luck.

It's always hard not to really critical of yourself and hear the negatives easier than the positives.

Archived