Gibson Brands Forums

Es335 vs sg 61

tbag

Hey.

Im a new member from Norway, (hope you understand my bad english) and I have some questions about buying a new guitar.

(Already have an Es335(ebony) 2010 model)

I wonder what the difference is between the Es 335 and the sg 61. They have the same pickups and people say that they are very alike.

Do they sound the same? I remember trying one a long time ago, but can`t seem to remember how it was.

Im also considering an Les paul standard or a custom, but I dont know what to do. Have had a couple of les paul standard before but not the 08.

Where I live, they do not have sg 61 and sg custom in stock in the shop. I have to order it, but I would like to know how they sound or get some good good advice here before I do so.

Is there any point buying an sg 61 when I have an Es 335?

Hi and welcome to the forums...your English is very good!

Guitar choice is a very personal thing, many forum members build up a collection to enjoy all the subtleties between different guitars

SG's and ES 335's are quite different in size and feel, as reflected in their players and styles of music

Some might suggest a different approach when adding a new guitar, as the ES 335 is capable of many rich tones

A single coil equipped guitar...Strat, Tele, Ric or Gretsch for similar money may extend the tonal palette in interesting ways....

V

:-({|=

Hi and welcome to the forums...your English is very good!

Guitar choice is a very personal thing, many forum members build up a collection to enjoy all the subtleties between different guitars

SG's and ES 335's are quite different in size and feel, as reflected in their players and styles of music

Some might suggest a different approach when adding a new guitar, as the ES 335 is capable of many rich tones

A single coil equipped guitar...Strat, Tele, Ric or Gretsch for similar money may extend the tonal palette in interesting ways....

V

:-({|=

I got a good deal on a gibson sg 61 2003 mod on ebay, which I had to buy. I got it for $995. In Norway these are about $1850-2200 USED, so that all in all with tax and shipping, I paid $1400.

Can`t wait to get it.

Archived