Gibson Brands Forums

Epi 12 string

brannon67

Does anyone here have the Epi 12 string? Its like$169 at ZZounds, and Im thinking about getting one. I want a twelve string, but I do not want to spend alot of money on one. Who has one,a nd what do you think about it?

I did not want to spend alot of money on a twelve string, so I opted for the Epi 12, after I read some great reviews on it. I dont use a 12 alot, but wanted one for a few songs I cover and a couple I wrote myself. Its nice to have one in your guitar arsenal.

It took me a while to figure out that things move quite a bit slower over here in the acoustic side. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just the way it is. I'm guessing that your multiple posts were to break the boredom of waiting for a reply to your question. At first glance, I thought that maybe we were dealing with another one of these..........

GB.jpg

Hang in there. Somebody that has one of these will eventually get back to you. Stand by. :-"

Yes...be patient buddy... I posted a question about amp choice over in Amps and Accessories a few weeks ago and have had 455 Views and not 1 single reply...boy do I feel snubed. Now I just keep checking to see how many folks will read it. Is there a record on here for most reads without a reply? As far as 12s I have a late 70s FT-165 Bard I picked up on e-bay about 2 years ago paid $175US...great sounding guitar...it's my avatar

Thanks guys, Im not really crazy, well not certifiable anyway, Ha. Anyway, thanks for the responses. I did get the D212 the other day. My local seller sold me a gator case and the D212 for $250 out the door, and I took it. Seems like a really good 12 string guitar for the money. Now, I just need to put a PU in it.

Take your time on this decision. I'm looking for one for my j-45 clone and there are a lot more available now than the last time I bought one (DeArmond, 35 years ago). Every type has a different mounting method and sound. Google and read everything you can, especially other peoples reviews. I started off thinking that I wanted a ceramic, like the EJ-160e PU, but now I'm leaning towards the LR Baggs M1. I haven't had a chance to try a couple of the other offerings out there and until I do, I'm waiting.

Archived