Gibson Brands Forums

Loopers. Boss Vs Digitech JamMan etc...

ParlourMan

Morning,

I'm in the market for a looper, to help expand the setlist I can do for an acoustic duo, while I'll not be using full backing tracks it would be nice to be able to do the odd song using it to create a base over which to play the song.

I'm currently looking at the Boss RC-30, Digitech JamMan Delay and JamMan Stereo, any owners out there or anybody evaluated these side to side?

I've heard the Boss has some lag time between switching patches that the Digitech doesn't, this has me leaning to the Digitech, any opinions welcome.

Cheers

Morning,

I'm in the market for a looper, to help expand the setlist I can do for an acoustic duo, while I'll not be using full backing tracks it would be nice to be able to do the odd song using it to create a base over which to play the song.

I'm currently looking at the Boss RC-30, Digitech JamMan Delay and JamMan Stereo, any owners out there or anybody evaluated these side to side?

I've heard the Boss has some lag time between switching patches that the Digitech doesn't, this has me leaning to the Digitech, any opinions welcome.

Cheers

Not tried any of these, but do take a close look at the Akai Headrush II as well. It's a very clever piece of kit.

Cheers Bob,

The Akai was going to be my original purchase option, but the more I looked into it the more I could see the application for storing loops and being able to switch between loops in song..... The Akai doesn't do this as far as I'm aware.

One of the advantages I can see to the JamMan delay model is the syncing automatically with the rhythm when using delays, again this would be a manual operation with the Akai. I would definitely appreciate the build quality of the Akai as they're solid units.

I guess if I can get a decent system to work for us it would become quite a feature in the set and allow us to do songs that we wouldn't do now with just 2 acoustic guitars. Thus far it's all pretty natural and effects free, but recently I added a Marshall as100d amp to my rig rather than direct to the PA, so as I'm already colouring the signal to a certain degree it frees me up to add more via some loops that will allow me to play even more intricate versions of the stuff we play now than I can currently do.

I bought the Jamman Stereo a year ago and use it to have prerecorded backing rhythm when i play some lead (as a duo) ... for example the rhythm part on 'Patience' so I can do a bad Slash improvisation over it.

Been very happy with it, havent used it to its full potential but will probably use it to create backing tracks to jamm over in rehearsal and make some layering.

Dont have anthing negative to say about it, although probably given my current needs the smaller Jamman probably wold be enough (forgot what its called).

I think the small one is called the JamMan Solo, EA... so you have the stereo version the, good to hear a happy customer's report. The 'delay' model is only 20 euro more, hence the temptation, especially for syncing the delays, bit more real estate required on the floor/pedalboard but it's not exactly 'the edge' so no real concern there.

I've a list of songs we'd like to do live, but they just need a little something more than the 2 guitars, as you say a wee bit rhythm while you solo, you'll know yourself if the rhythm, has 2 parts and you cut to solo a bit you do hear the drop so something like this could be exactly what I'm after....

Archived