Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge p/u drop out.

Dallastx

Was at band practice and lost my bridge p/u. After 1 song it came back. Bad toggle? The guitar is 2 months old..

need more info....doesn't sound guitar related unless you use 2 pickups and the bridge went out while the neck stayed on.. if so, then I would consider the contacts and work backward from there.. i.e. pots, wiring. and then pickup wiring although I doubt it is that. If it was just one pickup you used and then it came back on.. I would consider amp contacts and pedal contacts.. yes I have actually had dirty contacts in jacks on my amps that caused this very problem.

need more info....doesn't sound guitar related unless you use 2 pickups and the bridge went out while the neck stayed on.. if so, then I would consider the contacts and work backward from there.. i.e. pots, wiring. and then pickup wiring although I doubt it is that. If it was just one pickup you used and then it came back on.. I would consider amp contacts and pedal contacts.. yes I have actually had dirty contacts in jacks on my amps that caused this very problem.

I would guess dirty contacts as well, although on a pretty much brand spanking new SG? Hmm..

Archived