Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguard for Explorer Pro

Titanism

I really want to make my Explorer Pro look cool, so I decided to buy a black pickguard.

Do you know how to buy it online and can do worldwide shipping? Because i live in Indonesia.

PS.

I don't mind with the used version as long as it fit and proper to be used.

Thanks

Does the Explorer Pro have the required holes for a pickguard? I have never had one in my hands so I am not sure; however if you have a pickup selector on the bottom horn of your Explorer it will probably take the same pick guard as the 76 reissues. I know there was webpage I ran across once that was selling them, sadly I dont remember the link but I do remember all they had was a shiny chrome one, I ended up making my pick guard, was easier and cost like $10

Does the Explorer Pro have the required holes for a pickguard? I have never had one in my hands so I am not sure; however if you have a pickup selector on the bottom horn of your Explorer it will probably take the same pick guard as the 76 reissues. I know there was webpage I ran across once that was selling them, sadly I dont remember the link but I do remember all they had was a shiny chrome one, I ended up making my pick guard, was easier and cost like $10

Unfortunately, it doesn't have any holes. And yes, there is a pickup selector...but i don't think the 76 reissues will fit because the Pro has smaller body than the common Explorer. Well, but thanks for your reply

The Explorer Pro does not come from the factory with a pickguard, so no holes.

Also, the Explorer Pro is about 15% to 20% smaller than a regular Explorer, so an aftermarket Explorer gaurd probably won't work.

Yes, it doesn't have any holes. If i wanna do it, the worst case is i have to make my own hole...and i don't want to make any damage on the Pro.

Yes, once again you're right. An used pick guard won't work. I was wondering there are somebody selling it for the Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it doesn't have any holes. If i wanna do it, the worst case is i have to make my own hole...and i don't want to make any damage on the Pro.

Yes, once again you're right. An used pick guard won't work. I was wondering there are somebody selling it for the Pro.

In addition to not having holes and the body being the wrong size, since it's not designed to take a pickguard, You will either need to replace the toggle switch with a longer one or cut the hole in the top of the body larger to push the toggle switch through. I couldn't even get a toggle washer (like on a les paul) to fit and still thread the nut back onto the toggle. Pickguards will be thicker.

Archived