Gibson Brands Forums

Warranty

EvoRider

I Just got my new Epiphone g-400 monday and would like to take it to a local luthier. Will this void the epip warranty? Will i have to carry it to a epiphone dealer? I bought it from guitar center online and from what i seen at the GC in chattanooga i wouldnt take a hot wheel there to get it check out.. I am Not haveing problems i just want it set up so i can get the most out of it...

I Just got my new Epiphone g-400 monday and would like to take it to a local luthier. Will this void the epip warranty? Will i have to carry it to a epiphone dealer? I bought it from guitar center online and from what i seen at the GC in chattanooga i wouldnt take a hot wheel there to get it check out.. I am Not haveing problems i just want it set up so i can get the most out of it...

Yeah i called Gibson about the same thing, apparently for a normal set up its all fine... the warranty is still guaranteed... but lets say you go get a pickup changed at a non Epiphone/Gibson authorized repair shop... well its OK if the job is 100% good... but if the guy your working with messes it up (scratches the wood, maybe drills wrong hole or accidentally destroys an electronic by overheating etc...) then Gibson will NOT cover THOSE damages... but if your only going in for a normal set up... there should be no problems with the warranty... just make sure hes a proper luthier that knows what hes doing :)

Archived