Gibson Brands Forums

Effect LED's outdoors

Fixr1984

So we did a quick set yeasterday at the county fair. Only problem I had was seeing the led's on my pedals. My TU-2 was almost completly out of sight. The only one I could see was my DS-1 that I did Keeley mods to and has a blue led. The effect pedals i will try to lower the resistor values to brighten up the led but the tuner is a big one. What do you guys do with your tuners outdoors? Make some kind of shield/cover to block some of the sunlight? Is there a tuner that is visible outside. I can deal with not seeing indicator leds, its pretty obvious when one is on but I need to see my tuner to use it.

Guest farnsbarns

So we did a quick set yeasterday at the county fair. Only problem I had was seeing the led's on my pedals. My TU-2 was almost completly out of sight. The only one I could see was my DS-1 that I did Keeley mods to and has a blue led. The effect pedals i will try to lower the resistor values to brighten up the led but the tuner is a big one. What do you guys do with your tuners outdoors? Make some kind of shield/cover to block some of the sunlight? Is there a tuner that is visible outside. I can deal with not seeing indicator leds, its pretty obvious when one is on but I need to see my tuner to use it.

Stick a piece of white tape sticking up near the LEDs so that the light from the led shines on it, makes it obvious if the led is on or off.

I had the same problem recently. I don't normally use the GNX4, but this day I was using my buddy's and playing strait into the PA. I couldn't even tell if it was on or off in the sunlight, let alone read the display.

As for a tuner, I just tune up before the set and tweek it by ear (as low volume as I can) if I need to adjust it during the set. I check it again with a tuner before the next set.

I had the same problem recently. I don't normally use the GNX4, but this day I was using my buddy's and playing strait into the PA. I couldn't even tell if it was on or off in the sunlight, let alone read the display.

As for a tuner, I just tune up before the set and tweek it by ear (as low volume as I can) if I need to adjust it during the set. I check it again with a tuner before the next set.

Its not too big of a deal to tune at the begining, the problem comes in when change tuning. We tune down 1/2 step for a few songs and its too hard to do it by ear.

Archived