Gibson Brands Forums

Pickups for Sheraton II?

InLikeTheRose

Looking to replace the pickups in my 2004 Natural Sheraton II.

I was looking at the Duncan Antiquities which are expensive but seem to get great reviews, I'm not sure if they would suit a Sheraton?. Other choices would be a set of Duncan Seth Lovers or 59's. Im looking for basically an enhanced stock sound....something clearer with a better tone. I play more modern stuff, nothing too overdriven, just light overdrive with cleans also. think kings of leon/the strokes.

any suggestions?

I have GFH 59's inside and they Are awesome gives you alot of vintage sounds. Also has a ton of tone and warmth... If your not sure about GFH maybe Gibson 57's but I'm assuming your going for the blues/rock sound

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to replace the pickups in my 2004 Natural Sheraton II.

I was looking at the Duncan Antiquities which are expensive but seem to get great reviews, I'm not sure if they would suit a Sheraton?. Other choices would be a set of Duncan Seth Lovers or 59's. Im looking for basically an enhanced stock sound....something clearer with a better tone. I play more modern stuff, nothing too overdriven, just light overdrive with cleans also. think kings of leon/the strokes.

any suggestions?

Hi, I have a 2002 Sheraton I recently got installed a pair of seymour duncan p rails. The improvement in tone is incredible. There is something for everyone in these pickups really nice, you wont be dissapointed! check them out [thumbup]

Archived