Gibson Brands Forums

I'm Selling My DigiTech RP1000 on Craigslist!

kaleb

Finally selling that piece of crap. Someone will want it. I can probably get a good 400 bucks off of it at the most. At least 350. Gonna buy another processor, but no more DigiCrap. A TC Electronic G-Major. My dad has one and it sounds good. I'll use it in an fx loop with a Rocktron Midi Mate or something like that. I'd like something with exp. pedals so I can pitch-shift and do vol. swells. I'll use that for my fx ( chorus, delay, reverbs, octaves, etc ) and I'll run the wah, tuner, and overdrive boxes in front. But I bet its gonna be a pain in the *** to program:([scared]. It'll be worth it though. Instead of trying to decide whether to bring a chorus, flanger, or phaser pedal to the gig ( if Im running all stomps I like to use only one mod. effect ), I can get it ALL. Plus I can get high quality reverbs and delays. AND no amp modeling to worry about ( Boss, DigiCrap, and Line 6 are toys compared to brands like TC, Eventide, and even Rocktron in some cases. I think the Axe-Fx is a gimmick as well ). I like TC rackmount stuff. I use it to piss off the local guitarists that have the mentality that overdrive boxes suck, good guitarists don't need any fx, pedal tuners suck, and the only pedal you need is a wah. The real musicians around my area respect me for what I use though. I think Im making a good choice.

i had the RP350, it put me off multi effects forever...

Amen to that brotha. I don't think multi-fx are for me though. Hell, ANALOG EFFECTS aren't even for me. I wouldn't know what to do with all those weird effects. Even just a chorus is too much man! I think im staying away from modulation, although the coolness of the Phase 90 is starting to catch me. ( Damn you Edward! ) I like the script reissue. Analogman modifies them for an led, power jack, and true bypass ( not that that matters ) and sells them for around $175 on his site. He does the same for the Phase 45 pedal, which is an equally badass device ( kinda the missing link between the Phase 90 and the Uni-Vibe. It reminds me of the Dunlop Rotovibe, which I also like ). These days, as far as mod. fx go, Im leanin' more towards the phase/vibe spectrum rather than the chorus/flange thing. I want swirl, not delay time.

Archived