Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elite neck carve

xyrium

Hey guys,

I've been lurking and learning abut the Elite/ELitist models, and I think I'm ready to start shopping. However, I can't find info on the neck carves for the Elite/Elitist models. DOes anyone have 1st and 12th fret numbers for them?

Thanks!

Paul

Thanks for the reference! That review seems to have a fair description of the neck, but are you saying the the LP uses the same neck as the 335? I'm not saying it would be greatly different, but if anyone has the actual dimensions at the 1st and 12th, that would give me an optimal reference point since I don't believe I'll be able to locate one in stores now. Of course, if the neck is the same as today's slim taper 60's neck, I suppose I could just head to GC and check one out on a current Epi or Gibson LP before I begin my shopping.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Paul

Step one:

Try the EPI Lounge Guitar and Gear Review thread, scoll down a bit

to Semi/Hollowbody section. There's an Elitist review there. IF not helpful,

post back.

i don't have any figures, but i remember them being advertised as somewhere between a 50s and 60s sized neck. don't know how true that is, but i would guess that they trend toward the slimmer side of the spectrum, though not shredder thin, or beginner thin.

its probably worth mentioning that the lp has a slightly fatter neck than the sheraton. can't say whether or not that is intentional. i actually prefer the slightly fatter lp neck, but the sheraton is my preferred guitar. the difference is both noticeable and negligible, if that makes any sense. not really a deal breaker.

Good info, thanks!

i don't have any figures, but i remember them being advertised as somewhere between a 50s and 60s sized neck. don't know how true that is, but i would guess that they trend toward the slimmer side of the spectrum, though not shredder thin, or beginner thin.

its probably worth mentioning that the lp has a slightly fatter neck than the sheraton. can't say whether or not that is intentional. i actually prefer the slightly fatter lp neck, but the sheraton is my preferred guitar. the difference is both noticeable and negligible, if that makes any sense. not really a deal breaker.

Archived