Gibson Brands Forums

slash snakepit sig.

C4 Dimi

Hello

I'm new here on the forum and i have a question:

ive seen a used slash snakepit sig (epi offcourse)and i want to know how many where made of them and how much i can spend on it (if possible in euro's)

my thanks already!

greetz

That guitar was around the 500 dollar mark in the US back in January.

At the same time, I saw one for sale for 650 euros which was quite frankly ridiculous.

I really have no idea how many guitars were made of this particular model but it comes up often enough on ebay and the like.

Just beware of potential fakes.

One word of advice though.

If I remember correctly, the original electronics weren't great and many people changed the pickups and electronics, and most went with SD Alnico Pro-II like Slash. Therefore, they are asking for too much money now adays on account of the pickups and whatever upgrades they did.

I just think that anything above 500 euros is too much for it anyway.

I don't know if anyone else has an update on values but please do chime in if you do.

For further info on this guitar check out the Epiphone Wiki:

Slash Signatures

does someone else know about how many were made?

I'm curious as to what difference it makes how many were made? If you're going for the rare/collectability factor, you're barking up the wrong tree with an Epiphone unless it's one of the vintage models anyway.

Just listen to Xaj on this one: there are probably as many counterfeits of these Slash guitars as there are genuine ones!

Jim

I'm curious as to what difference it makes how many were made? If you're going for the rare/collectability factor, you're barking up the wrong tree with an Epiphone unless it's one of the vintage models anyway.

Just listen to Xaj on this one: there are probably as many counterfeits of these Slash guitars as there are genuine ones!

Jim

No, i just wanted to know it ;) im going to test the guitar and if it plays and sounds good to me, ill take it! but im still wondering how much i can spend... its now on 500 euros, but i can bid under it if i want...

Archived