Gibson Brands Forums

HELP! I am looking for Nickel Plated p 90 covers

Sinner 13

so I have been searching all over the internerds for a set of NICKEL P-90 SOAPBAR covers.

(NOT the cheap chrome plastic ones either)

I have Lurked msg board post, parts sites and even sent Rio Grand an email to see if they would sell just a set of covers.

(still awaiting a reply)

I know some of you good people on here are ultimate scrounge hounds, and purveyors of weird, and obscure parts.

PM me if you have a set you will part with or know of an after market source.

I want to give the Epi 56 GT a face lift, and these are the key parts that I want to achieve my goal.....

Don't know about chrome soap bars, but another poster found Epi chrome dogears at this site. http://www.grguitars.com/parts_5Metric_Mexico.htm I spent a while hunting the dogears and never came across this site, so it may take some good digging. Have you seen chrome soap bars on another Epi? I can't recall seeing those stock, but then I'm no expert. The other thing that you may have a problem with is that even of Rio Grande will sel you a set of covers, they may not fit your Epi pickups, overall size or pole spacing. I know that can be the case with dogeras, where my experience is. If you find someone that has them, please let others know. And send pictures when you're done with your facelift.

Archived