Gibson Brands Forums

USB interface

EVOL!

Now that I have figured out how to configure GarageBand to work with multiple USB devices, I am looking to get another USB device to do some multi track recording with my band. A simple stereo one would be enough. We are currently borrowing a friend's Tascam US-122; the old one, not the fancy new US-122mkII. My goal is to have four tracks total:

- one for guitar

- one for bass

- one for a submixed drum kit: snare and toms

- one for kick drum

Vocals will be recorded after.

Any recommendations? My budget is roughly $200 so I could just get a Tascam US-122mkII for ~$110.

So, an old 122 works.......Hmmm.........I suggest skipping the mkII and go for a Tascam US-800......The "glitches" are worked out;

( Tascam and other interfaces can be glitchy when first released )....Skip the Tascam US-600.....The US-800 has enough features

to keep you happy for a while....It sells for $200.00 or less..I use an 800....Mine was $99.00 new on a MF "Stupid Daily Deal."

Take a look at the REAPER DAW system......Only $60.00 licence fee.......Full featured DAW, takes up little space..........................

I use a Line 6 UX2,

That Tascam US-800 looks pretty sweet and MF has a 10% OFF right now on items above $99.

Tascam is not listed on the exclusions.

I know some folks who use the Line6 UX2.....They like it......The thing with MF is they'll usually let you the % off even on "exclusion" items.......

It's my understanding (from real pros) that the key to interfaces are the quality of the D/A A/D converters, yet, manufactuers don't tell you

what they build their units with.....I knowa guy who uses a Tascam 1800 in his "pro" studio.....Interesting.....Hmmm.........

Archived