Gibson Brands Forums

E.S.V Fuzz... Dub?

Jantha

I've been thinking I need a fuzzface.. but I thought building one would be more fun ( and cheaper ). Has anyone here built the E.S.V Fuzz from b.y.o.c? I know Dub has built quite a few different kits. These aren't really something you can go try out. The few YouTube clips I've found sound pretty good, but I'm curious if anyone here has played with one.

I haven't played with one. Dem00n has built a BYOC Large Beaver. The BYOC kits are top knotch but overpriced. You could source out the parts seperately for a lot cheaper.

Yea, that's kinda what I was wondering after looking over the schematic. There's really not much to it.

The ESV fuzz uses carbon comp resistors and axial caps. You can find those online pretty easily if you want to stick to the mojo parts factor. You can get NOS AC128 transistors that are matched for a Fuzz Face from this dude on eBay. You can get a circuit board (that will accomodate axial caps) from madbeanpedals.com.

It has a nice low parts count so it should be pretty simple to find the parts and build one.

Archived