Gibson Brands Forums

My trip to my local GC

stein

Finished a job that was near, so I thought I might as well go, sinse I had a little time.

I have to say, The Gibson offerings were both numerous, REALLY cool, and I was impressed wish how affordable they were. Lots of traditionals, and around 1800 bones. That's a full on LP there. I don't know about everyone, but to me, that is more then reasonable for your average, well built, solid archtop with nitro made the Gibson way.

LOTS of used stuff, and I have to say stuff I might actually WANT. While I might check the prices first, (if they are worth what the tags say they are asking), I would definitely hit the GC and play the stuff in person before checking the EBAY or looking online.

The FENDER stuff though, I feel like they might be in a little trouble for me. While the MIM "vintage" stuff looked to be the same specs as it should be, they seemed pricey for what they were. The standard MIM strats were going for what the vintage series used to, but they were clearly not what I would call a "pro" step in for a Strat. Smaller bodies, thinner, and different bridges that seemed more like what should be on a starter guitar.

Fender DID have some cool variations on the JAZZMASTER and some Semi-hollow strat like thingies (in regular man size) that would give certain hipsters gas.

I will post the acoustic in the acoustic section.

..:blink: :-k :-k .....

Are you talking about the Clackamas one ??? [confused] [confused] ......

And, " Guitarest " says that all Les Pauls sound the same.....Why should one buy a Trad ???? [scared][crying] :unsure: [sneaky][lol] .......

What did you get me for Christmas ??? And your PM box is full, making it hard for me to make progress in life......:blink: :-k :-k .....

Are you talking about the Clackamas one ??? [confused] [confused] ......

And, " Guitarest " says that all Lea Pauls sound the same.....Why should one buy a Trad ???? [scared][crying] :unsure: [sneaky][lol] .......

Yes on the location.

There was more than just the trad, but for the most part, MOST were trads today. SG's seemed to be around 1200 too for a Standard. There were some LP's going for less than 1800 as well, but I didn't scope every one to tell what model it was.

For Christmas, I have no idea what to get the man who has everything.

News flash: If you got it from GC, it's probably used. [blink][smile]

[scared][blink][crying] :unsure: .........Ah man.....They do that.....They've sold me NEW stuff.....several times......

Got home, opened them........[thumbdn] ....Been used, scratched up, etc.......

Archived