Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Canadian Edition 58 Les Paul VOS

Evilmusician

hey evilm' date=' got some questions here so tell me if ok.........

you call it canadian edition but anything special for the canadian market about it?

ofcourse bought it in canada? from the official canadian dealer. about how much in $US?

are you actually an evil musician?????.......................sorry just a joke....................

ok man, thanks...........................................................................................j

[/quote']

Hey Joe ,yeah there are 75 made mines #26 ,comes with certificate of authenticity and has a maple leaf on the back of the headstock ,also the finish is maple burst and comes with bottle of Canadian maple syrup! lol ! .Bought from Long & Mcquade thru Yorkville Sound ,I'm only evil on the weekends ! cheers!

I own number 74 of 75. The canadian distributor (Yorkville Sound) occasionally orders small batches of special "canadian only" models. In this case, the unique feature is the "Mapleburst" finish. It's in between Iced Tea and Faded Tobaccoburst. And the bottle of Maple syrup is about as canadian as it gets...

lpmb_06.jpg

lpmb_03.jpg

lpmb_01.jpg

lpmb_07.jpg

lpmb_04.jpg

• 2 years later...

Here's my new baby ,awesome guitar!

CanR8Bodyneck.jpg

CanR8BodyGravity2.jpg

CanR8.jpg

CanR8BodyFlame.jpg

How did you like it compared to the Traditional or to the Standard? I was in L&M over the weekend trying to decide which one I wanted. It's so hard to tell in the store with all of the racket. Too my ears, I preferred the Traditional, and two my eyes, I prefered the finish on the Traditional and the Standard. I could live with te semi-gloss finish. I was tinking about taking it home and trying it out for a few days as they have a very good return exchange policy.

Archived