Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Classic treatment for Epi Nighthawk reissue

Crackerblues44

I've been trying to post on Talk to Henry J... but to no avail... Is that forum locked out or something? In any event, I thought a great idea for the Epi Nighthawk reissue, would be to give it the Custom Classic aged treatment, with a low-sheen black finish, aged gold hardware and the yellowed binding and headstock.

Anyone agree with me here?

Henry's a busy guy I think - company to run and all that nonsense. No issue with your idea, but it's kind of a nichey look, so probably a very limited market.

Why not just buy a black Nighthawk and do the mods yourself? There's lots of info here and on them Internets on dulling finish and relicing guitars, parts, binding, etc.

The Epi Nighthawk is made to high quality specs for a great price point.........

There is no way Epi would "relic" a version......IMHO, "relicing" is best done by using guitars..........

Not my thing at all. I'm not crazy about the whole relic phenomenon anyway, and I sure won't pay extra for it! The Nighthawk Custom reissue looks like a pretty good deal pricewise--I don't see the point in adding to the cost for something you'll do yourself by playing it! The original Gibsons had gold hardware, but I'm glad they went with chrome on the reissue--I tend to wear out gold plating pretty quickly.

Archived