Gibson Brands Forums

Strap quick realease ?

ajsc

Thanks Mike. Yea I have the strap, I'm looking for the loop I guess? Looking for some way to secure it to the headstock, that looks better than a string of leather.

The only thing I've been able to find is that contraption that planet waves has. Personally, I'd rather tie it on with a string of leather.

That doesn't really compliment a nice leather strap very much.

Would this be good? I got one on my acoustic and it seems a little nicer than a string. You can put it on backwards if you don't want the logo to show. http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-Guitar-Strap-Button?sku=420127

Tried one like those once. It put the strap too close to the nut and kept getting in the way of my thumb, most probably because I have a wide strap. I've seen some, including Paul Simon, thread the short strap not above the nut, but between the tuners, higher up the headstock. That might be the ticket. But for me I went back to the latigo and never turned back. I even let the loose ends of the boot lace dangle below the nut after I cinch them up in a chain not. Looks really cool!

Archived