Gibson Brands Forums

MASTERBILT EF RA

ozigor

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OWNS OR HAS PLAYED AN EF MODEL OF THE MASTERBILT RANGE.

I HAVE BEEN LEARING ALOT OF FINGERPICKING MUSIC AND WAS WONDERING HOW THIS GUITAR WOULD COMPARE TO MY DR 500M?

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLYS

It all depends on what you want from your guitar, I know I've played the Epiphone EF-500R and when comparing it to the dreadnought style Epiphone it does sound better to my ears for finger picking. But I find the dreadnought sounds better for flat picking so it's more of a case of what ever suits your ears.

It all depends on what you want from your guitar, I know I've played the Epiphone EF-500R and when comparing it to the dreadnought style Epiphone it does sound better to my ears for finger picking. But I find the dreadnought sounds better for flat picking so it's more of a case of what ever suits your ears.

Thanks for your reply. With regards to the ears I am happy with the way my DR is maturing however I was more thinking fingers when asking my question. Does the slighly wider nut much much of a difference for fingerpicking techniques??

Thanks for your reply. With regards to the ears I am happy with the way my DR is maturing however I was more thinking fingers when asking my question. Does the slighly wider nut much much of a difference for fingerpicking techniques??

I found there was little bit of difference but I have no issues playing with my fingers on the DR series and considering the difference at the nut isn't exactly huge (1.75" to 1.68"), it's only on a twelve string that I find how close the strings are together starts becoming a problem. I tried checking the measurements but the worst part about the Epiphone specs on their site is they only show the spacing at the nut and not the spacing at the bridge which is the crucial area for finger pickers.

Thanks again Morkolo

You're right about the bridge spacing being more important and the fact that

there is no info about.

I too enjoy picking on the DR series but the EFRA is just such a good looking guitar that I can't stop imaginingg what it would be like to play.

No stores have it in stock in France so I will just have to be patient and try one out when the opportunity arises.

Archived