Gibson Brands Forums

Ultra III software

AlexUltraIII

• 4 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of an Ultra III Les Paul but there's no software in the box (supposed to get a copy of Guitar Rig 4 LE free). Is there a site to download it from ? Can't find anything obvious.

Alex

When you register the guitar at epiphone.com you will get a download link. They do not ship the software with the guitar.

When you register the guitar at epiphone.com you will get a download link. They do not ship the software with the guitar.

That sort of BS sucks balls, why after spending my hard earned should I have to register something to get the complete package as it was advertised. BAAAD form Epiphone, extremely bad form.

I have two Ultra-IIs, and I was going to get an Ultra-III, not any more, I just can't abide by that sort of crap.

That sort of BS sucks balls, why after spending my hard earned should I have to register something to get the complete package as it was advertised. BAAAD form Epiphone, extremely bad form.

I have two Ultra-IIs, and I was going to get an Ultra-III, not any more, I just can't abide by that sort of crap.

I kinda agree, although I wanted to register my guitar anyway for warranty purposes. However, even after doing that I didn't get a link for the download - now THAT is annoying. Have a question out to customer support right now.

I kinda agree, although I wanted to register my guitar anyway for warranty purposes. However, even after doing that I didn't get a link for the download - now THAT is annoying. Have a question out to customer support right now.

You shouldn't have to register your guitar for warranty, as long as you keep your receipt there should be no problem, never had to register them before as far as I know.

Unrelated to the software, here is a review of the U-III from the guys we all love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqN1TNuf58&feature=player_embedded#!

Despite a few foibles in their spiel, these guys are pretty spot-on with the Pros and Cons of the Ultra-III.

The only thing I'd really add is that more and more people are complaining of fret buzz, even after having it setup by pros. The reason appears to be the strong magnets in the Nanomag pickup. One person went so far as to lower his by 3mm to help eliminate the buzz.

I'll be sure to letcha know if I notice any consistencies when I get my replacement.

The only thing I'd really add is that more and more people are complaining of fret buzz, even after having it setup by pros. The reason appears to be the strong magnets in the Nanomag pickup. One person went so far as to lower his by 3mm to help eliminate the buzz.

I'll be sure to letcha know if I notice any consistencies when I get my replacement.

That's strange Rich, just dug out a U-II to check it out, while the action isn't that low, it's not that high either, it exhibited non of those problems, checked the magnetic attraction with a steel rule, and it was barely noticeable, not sure if the NanoMag has also had an update in that time or not, but as it stands on this U-II, everything's fine.

That pretty much holds true to what others have been saying at MyLP: The U-II doesn't have the fret buzz that the U-III has.

The one I have now has it, and I've been loath to mess around with it...don't want to mess up the only guitar I have. I'm HOPING that my replacement might be here by next weekend, so I can compare the two. Ideally, though, if there is any buzz, I'd like to see it resolved before I take it home.

Some people said their U-III was buzzing all the way up to the 16th fret or so...on mine, I've only noticed it within the first 7. And only on the 5th and 6th strings...unless I hit 'em really hard: then I can notice it on the 4th as well.

Like you, I wonder if there were changes to the Nanomag between the U-II and U-III releases. Would sure explain a lot.

Although, the buzz doesn't stop me from using it. Right now I'm going through a finger-picking phase, so I've been using the Nanomag more that I've been using the ProBuckers.

Archived