Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone LP-100

EpiphoneFan1989

Only of interest. My friend wants to buy a new guitar in future. At the moment he plays a Strat. He likes my LP Special II and wants to buy a LP-100 or a Special II.

The LP-100 is more expensive than the Special II. Here´s my question: Is the LP-100 just an upgraded Special II with 4 knobs and a arched top? Or is it better and the price is justified?

Only of interest. My friend wants to buy a new guitar in future. At the moment he plays a Strat. He likes my LP Special II and wants to buy a LP-100 or a Special II.

The LP-100 is more expensive than the Special II. Here´s my question: Is the LP-100 just an upgraded Special II with 4 knobs and a arched top? Or is it better and the price is justified?

He'd be better off saving just a little bit more and getting a LP studio. It has a set (glued in neck) so is true to the Les Paul vibe, having better sustain and fatness. It's also worth upgrading a studio with better pickups and/or electronics to get very very close to the sound of a Gibson for a lot less money.

He'd be better off saving just a little bit more and getting a LP studio. It has a set (glued in neck) so is true to the Les Paul vibe, having better sustain and fatness. It's also worth upgrading a studio with better pickups and/or electronics to get very very close to the sound of a Gibson for a lot less money.

A Les Paul Standard Plaintop is only $50 more than a Studio. I'd just get one of those.

Ok, thanks [thumbup] I´ve already thougt. It´s much expensiv but you´re right. I think my friend will buy a Les Paul Studio. And the Les Paul Standard already on my "to buy list" for next year. I become a real Les Paul fan in the last time because of my Special II. Because of that, the Les Paul Standard is my absolutely "must have".

Archived