Gibson Brands Forums

Tambourine

livemusic

I need some percussion thingies. For myself for recording and also for beautiful babes that want something to shake onstage. Other than their booty. Recommendations?

As for tambourine, any particular type you like or dislike?

I have a tambourine with a head on it. I just throw it on the floor and kick it to keep time. The jingles add a nice touch as well. Mine is a Tama and it has a tuneable head. I sit on a bar stool and tip the tamboutine up with a small block of wood and just sort of tap away. It's plastic of some sort and I've had it for over 30 years so it really seems to be the real deal. Now...The real question is.Where do you get your babes and how do you get them to shake their booty?

I saw a clinic with Carl Tosten. This guy uses a plastic egg shaker as he plays.He also seems to be able to play an entire drum kit on his guitar. I'm trying it but I'm a little clumsy at this point. It might be because I don't have a very developed sense of rhythm. Carl makes some real magic. He keeps it in the palm of his right hand and it sounds great. I'm trying to get a boom chick thing going with the tambourine and the shaker but not having any luck yet.

I have a tambourine with a head on it. I just throw it on the floor and kick it to keep time. The jingles add a nice touch as well. Mine is a Tama and it has a tuneable head. I sit on a bar stool and tip the tamboutine up with a small block of wood and just sort of tap away. It's plastic of some sort and I've had it for over 30 years so it really seems to be the real deal. Now...The real question is.Where do you get your babes and how do you get them to shake their booty?

I saw a clinic with Carl Tosten. This guy uses a plastic egg shaker as he plays.He also seems to be able to play an entire drum kit on his guitar. I'm trying it but I'm a little clumsy at this point. It might be because I don't have a very developed sense of rhythm. Carl makes some real magic. He keeps it in the palm of his right hand and it sounds great. I'm trying to get a boom chick thing going with the tambourine and the shaker but not having any luck yet.

He holds an egg shaker thingie as he strums his guitar? Hmmm...

Archived