Gibson Brands Forums

EJ 200 Artist tuners

Supersonic

What kind of tuners come on the EJ 200 Artist? Are they the el cheapo tuners? Are they okay or should they be upgraded to something better?

They are not bad tuners IMO. They operate smoothly, and seem to stay in tune while playing. They might be Ping's, not sure.

Tim

Cool, thanks Tim. The reason I was asking is because the general consensus on the inexpensive Epi electric models seems to be that the tuners are absolutely horrible and need to be replaced immediately. I didn't know if it was the same with their inexpensive acoustics or not. I'm really tempted to grab one of those EJ200 Artist gits before Christmas while they are on sale for $150. It would be bought as a present of course.......for me. [flapper]

Cool, thanks Tim. The reason I was asking is because the general consensus on the inexpensive Epi electric models seems to be that the tuners are absolutely horrible and need to be replaced immediately. I didn't know if it was the same with their inexpensive acoustics or not. I'm really tempted to grab one of those EJ200 Artist gits before Christmas while they are on sale for $150. It would be bought as a present of course.......for me. [flapper]

Don't wait too long. [biggrin]

Archived