Gibson Brands Forums

EPI S 310 Strat clone

jerzeejeff

Hey folks!

I always wanted a strat but having smaller hands a 25.5 in. scale has always put me off. I have a chance to by an old Epi S310 and I'm having problems finding the specs. I'm hoping this model has the Gibson/Epi

24 3/4 in. scale length. Is that a correct assumption? What is anyone's experience with this guitar? I'm sure I'll need to swap out the pups.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Jerzeejeff

The scale on an S-310 is 25.5". I dont have an S-310, but I do have an S-500. They are decent guitars and complarable to a Squier Strat. On the downside, the bodies are laminated instead of solid, with the exception of the S-310 Custom (ash). But the necks have the typical Epiphone profile and radius, which I find easier to play than a Strat. Though, that is a matter of preference.

Here are some specs:

http://www.epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=S-Series#S-310

No neck profile of radius info, but the rest is there.

I have a Carvin super strat style guitar, It has a 24.75" scale, and an extraordinarily slim neck.

there are a few strat type geets with 24.75" or 25" scale lengths, but not many, most will be 25.5".

Jackson fusion. 24.75"

fender HM strat 25.1"

P6231069.JPG

some kramers i think have 24.75

the charvel 750

charvel-750xl-small.jpg

however, I believe that most of these are superstrat style with locking nut and floyd or similar type tremolos on them.

there are more proper stratty type guitars available with a 24" scale though.

I'm sure with a little help from google you might find something suitable.

Oh, and if you are interested and you happen to live in the UK, My Carvin is for sale.

My Kramer Striker 422 is 25.5" scale with 24 frets. Its a rather long neck!

Personally, I find that my guitars with a 24.75" scale are great for practicing and noodling on, but for whatever reason, I have an easier time with the 25.5" scale guitars I have. And I have "guitar-sized" bands. But at the same time, I'm a bass player, so maybe its only natural for me to prefer the longer scale.

Archived