Gibson Brands Forums

Next Les Paul purchase

RUSHian

OK I've almost paid off my Gary Moore Les Paul BFG, and now I'm looking at a couple of new Gibson guitar options:

Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Gold Top Tribute with Humbuckers, or

Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Gold Top Tribute with PAFs

and the last is the SG White Tribute with the P90's

I do like me the P90's, I have one in the neck of the BFG

I like the 50's necks

Any one played these guitars have suggestions?

Thanks!

I have the 50s tribute with humbuckers.

I love this les Paul, the neck is alittle chunky, still my hr62 strat has a chunkier neck profile.

Im impressed by these pickups due to the occassional bad rap they get.

You already have a lespaul with a neck p90, why not go with the lp 50's tribute hb,

Mine came perfectly setup out of the box. Keeps in tune surprisingly well.

I have the 50s tribute with humbuckers.

I love this les Paul, the neck is alittle chunky, still my hr62 strat has a chunkier neck profile.

Im impressed by these pickups due to the occassional bad rap they get.

You already have a lespaul with a neck p90, why not go with the lp 50's tribute hb,

Mine came perfectly setup out of the box. Keeps in tune surprisingly well.

Thanks! yeah, I'm kind of thinkg the same way .Does yours have the Baked Maple fretboard?

Hi,...i have a 50's tribute with p-90's......great feel,great sound,great guitar!...

you would probably have to go down 'the bay' route etc to get one,but i've seen them go for £500/£600 squid,....great value (imo).

If you love p-90's....you'll love one of these,....good luck.

I would strongly suggest either the Classic or the Classic Custom both have the new maple fretboard. I am going out on the limb and will say right now this is a new fretboard and many traditionalist hate the idea yet its the wave of the future. Many new guitars have this fretboard and its a proven board with other guitar companies and just like many new ideas; the first few lines will be less expensive. Testing out the market and see what many will do. I love maple fret boards and mine will be here tomorrow.

The Classic and the Classic Customs look great, but are out of my price range.

Archived