Gibson Brands Forums

Chet autographed 92 Gibson es 335

Mbrown84

I have a mint 92 Gibson ES 335 dot w/ starburst finish. Its all origional except for the bigsby that has been added. This guitar was autographed by the late and great Chet Atkins. Does anybody know how much something like this would be worth? I am thinking of selling this guitar

I have a mint 92 Gibson ES 335 dot w/ starburst finish. Its all origional except for the bigsby that has been added. This guitar was autographed by the late and great Chet Atkins. Does anybody know how much something like this would be worth? I am thinking of selling this guitar

Not quite sure why Chet would have autographed a Gibson ES 335, since it's not a guitar he was ever associated with. If it were a Gretsch, people might pay attention. Post a picture to generate some discussion. I'm also not sure what a "starburst" finish is.

Generally speaking, a '92 ES 335 with a Bigsby might be worth about $1500-$1800. Not sure what, if anything, Chet's autograph might add to value, unless you have a picture of him signing the guitar.

Yeah, I have to agree that I'm not sure the autograph would be that big of a selling point. Personally I wouldn't want an autograph on my guitar, but that's just me. You find a Chet nut out there you might have a little bit of a higher price than normal but 1500-1800 sounds about right. As for the starburst, I assume you're talking sunburst, right? After all the sun is a star! Good luck with the guitar and definitely post some pics!!

Sorry guys I am posting from my phone and my auto correct inputed starurst instead of sunburst lol. My grandpa and chet were pretty good friends. One year my grandpa took me to nashville to meet him and ithe 335 was the guitar that I had with me at the time. I actually do have a photo of him autographing the guitar. I wasn't sure if it added value or not but I thought id ask. I would love to post a pic but I'm not sure how

The photo will add value in that it authenticates the autograph. But Chet was a friendly guy who would sing anything for anyone which mean his autograph is not rare and rare is what matters. That said you would be better off taking the guitar and the photo to someone like George Gruhns shop for an appraisal.

The photo will add value in that it authenticates the autograph. But Chet was a friendly guy who would sing anything for anyone which mean his autograph is not rare and rare is what matters. That said you would be better off taking the guitar and the photo to someone like George Gruhns shop for an appraisal.

Agree with Searcy 100%. Only someone like Gruhn can assess the added value of the autograph, but the photograph lends the necessary provenance.

By the way, go to the "forum feedback" section to learn how to post photos using Photobucket,which is the easiest way.

Archived