Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinion on the AJ-100ce

20_Gauge

I'm lookin' at Epiphone Acoustic-Electrics & really like the AJ-100ce. Does anybody have this guitar, what's your opinion on it? Would you recommend it for a beginner? Can it be played w/o an amp?

Thanks,

P.S.-On the Epiphone site it states that this guitar is available in black(ebony), does anybody know where I'd be able purchase it(if I decide to) in black?

Its a decent guitar for the money. Plays good, sounds good. You will have to put a PU in it if you want, and thats another $100 bill or more for the PU and instillation(depends on what you get). If you have the money, or if you can at least save up a little more,if you want a cutaway, I would go for the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE. All solid wood, no laminates. Just watch the Nano PU and the Esonic2 preamp. May give you grief, mayby so, mayby not.

Yes, the DR500 MCE is a great guitar. I play two Masterbilts, an AJ500R and AJ500M, which I bought both without a PU, and had an LR Baggs installed in both. If you do decide to get the DR500, it comes with the Esonic2 preamp and Nano PU. SOmetimes the Esonic2 poops out,alot of people have trouble with it,but when it works right, it sounds great.

Archived